Child Care Aware of Northcentral Arkansas
Child Care Aware of Northcentral Arkansas is a community child care resource and referral program providing services in fourteen Northcentral Arkansas counties. The program helps parents locate child care through a database of licensed and registered facilites based upon that family's needs all free of charge.
Our service is designed to:
- Empower parents by providing information on child development and criteria to use in choosing appropriate, high quality child care for their children.
- Facilitate parent choice through appropriate referrals to licensed or registered child care providers.
- Enhance quality of available child care through provider education/training.
- Increase supply of care by helping to recruit providers to meet identified community needs.
- Provide technical assistance to present and prospective providers with the objective of promoting quality.
- Be a trend spotter through careful data collection.
- Be a Community Change Agent through advocacy and partnership building.
The service area includes:
Date: January 13, 2015
Time: 7:00 p.m.
Location: Farris Center on campus of UCA
The University of Central Arkansas men’s basketball and Coaching for Literacy (CFL) are pleased to announce a partnership in the fight against illiteracy through CFL’s Assistant Coach Program. The Stephen F. Austin Lumberjacks will come into Conway for a key conference battle on January 13th at 7pm in the Farris Center. The game is sure to be pivotal for both teams and is also of great importance in the fight against illiteracy.
HOW IT WORKS: A $10 donation is made to literacy efforts, this enters the donor into a raffle where they could win the opportunity to be “Assistant Coaches” at the UCA vs. Stephen F. Austin game. Attendance at the pregame team meal, courtside seats, locker room access, attendance at the postgame press conference, autographed memorabilia, a picture with Head Coach Russ Pennell, and college specific attire provided by CFL partner Peter Millar are just some of the perks received by the generous donors. This donation is then reallocated by CFL to its effective literacy partners, both in Conway, Arkansas and Memphis, Tennessee.
WANT TO BE AN ASSISTANT COACH WITH THE UCA BEARS FOR THE NIGHT & TAKE THE FIGHT TO ILLITERACY?
MORE INFORMATION // Coaching for Literacy Assistant Coach Program Guide – UCA
CONTACT // Ryan Viner (firstname.lastname@example.org)
THE TRUTH ABOUT ILLITERACY // Learn More About Illiteracy
Date: Second Tuesday of Each Month
Time: 10:00 a.m.-12:00 a.m.
Location: Various Locations
Pre-Licensing training is intended for individuals who are interested in starting a Registered Family Child Care Home, Licensed Family Child Care Home, or a Licensed Child Care Center. The training is required for all applicants and will discuss everything you need to consider when planning to open a business.
If you have any questions or would like to register, please call Amy Pinkston at 1-800-737-2237 or email email@example.com.